Quick Quiz – Are You An Introvert?
Do you get called shy, quiet, boring, unsociable? Do those words hurt, embarrass and annoy you? Introverts are often labelled as all of those things when in fact we are none of them. Take the quick quiz below to see if you are an introvert:
- It’s Saturday night and party time, but you would much prefer to be home with a good book.
- At work, you are in a department meeting, where there is lively discussion, but you prefer to listen and digest what’s being said rather than speak up.
- At a social gathering you rarely initiate conversation but prefer to people watch.
- New places and meeting new people feels you with anxiety.
- A remote cottage, with books and long walks in nature sounds like paradise
If you answered yes to 3 or more of the above you are likely an introvert. Congratulations, introverts are passionate, calm, thoughtful people that are often misidentified.
Don’t be a label
I prefer not to label anyone, as every individual is different and each quality and personality makes us all unique. But introverts have had a rough ride for quite some time. Almost like it is something to be ashamed of. There are many famous introverts, such as Albert Einstein, Rosa Parks and Bill Gates.
Being an introvert does not mean you cannot be successful, that you are not confident or interesting. As an introvert myself I know I am all of these things. It is how I compose myself, react to others, react to situations that makes me different from extroverts. There is room in this world for both introverts and extroverts. The world needs both. We need the loud, outspoken as much as we need the quiet and thoughtful. Just imagine a world that was full of all introverts or all extrovert.
Till next time – JJ